The prelude to this scene occurred on a Sunday morning when my wife and I were trying to get the kids ready for Church. I was dealing with our son and my wife was trying to get our daughter’s hair done. She was trying to do a plait, but as is so often the way with kids, despite her best efforts, our little girl just would NOT sit still! With frustration rising she gave in and uttered the fateful words “If you won’t sit still you’ll just have to have a boring ponytail”. (more…)
Another classic rerun, this time with Christmas feel. Despite the lack of Chocolate, our dryer is still the best thing we’ve ever bought… ever.
It’s an expensive one today, but I got it at a discount 😉 December is the time of year for Star Wars and to get you in the mood here’s another classic from another one of my nephews. Enjoy!
Continuing the Christmas rerun and bad guy theme, here’s a classic bad guy comic… with a twist. Here’s what it feels like to live a day in the life of pirate in the Adventures of Ninja Phil. I’m sure we’re all happy that Jim Lad managed to get home to his wee lad and get away from those evil superheroes!
Behold! The Naughty Nine!! Current arch nemeses of Ninja Phil, so far only 3 have been revealed. From the above you can see that there are three more whose identities are at least partially known, but who are the other three? That’s a question only you can answer.
That’s right kids (and kids in adult bodies) it’s COMPETITION TIME!!!
Tell all your friends, neighbours, kids, brothers, sisters, neices, nephews, uncles, aunties, grandparents, corner shop owners. Tell everyone that I’d like you to design me a bad guy to serve as one of the Naughty Nine. Alright, not all at once first here’s what you need to do:
- Design a bad guy. Along with a great picture (or normal picture, or just a stick man, whatever) the bad guy will need a name, a backstory, a superpower/weapon/evil scheme (something that threatens the world as we know it), and a weakness (so I know how Ninja Phil and the gang will eventually beat him/her).
- Send an image of the bad guy, with accompanying information, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait in anticipation until 8th January 2019 when the results will be revealed.
And here’s some not very small, small print:
- The bad guy has to be mildly family friendly. Something an 8yr old would be comfortable with.
- Donald Trump is not a valid submission.
- A personified Brexit is also not a valid submission as neither of these are family friendly, making many a grown man or woman cry.
- Entries should be received by 23:59 on Sunday 31st December.
- This competition applies specifically to the creation of the fifth member of the Naughty Nine. Seven and Eight will be decided at a later date.
- There will be further phases of the competition to design numbers 7 and 8 and all non-successful submissions for this phase will be automatically entered into subsequent phases of the competition.
- Before your character’s first appearance in the comic, I’ll send you an image of your bad guy transformed to fit with the artistic style of the world of Ninja Phil.
- If you don’t win, there’ll still be a showcase of some of the (in my opinion) best entries, so you still might get featured on the site.
- There’s is no money involved.
- You can’t sue me if you don’t win, as it’s not that serious and I don’t have any money anyway.
So there we have it. Now when you’re stuck with nothing to do, overfull with chocolates and turkey dinners, watching Wallace and Gromit, thinking there must be something more worthwhile to do with my time, pick up a pencil and some paper and get drawing. I await the results with eager anticipation.